IVMA Email Issues
Are You Getting IVMA E-Mails?
This spring, Gmail made changes to its filtering of incoming emails. The IVMA has noticed that some of our members, especially Gmail users, have not been getting our emails. Please take a moment to check your ‘Junk’ or ‘Spam’ Mail folder to see if IVMA emails have gone to this file.
The IVMA is working with their IT vendor to try to resolve the problem, but in the meantime, here are some steps you can take to make sure you are receiving the latest and greatest from the IVMA.
Create a filter for IVMA emails:
- Go to your Spam folder
- Open email in Spam folder
- Click on the 3 dots in the upper left corner
- Select “Filter messages like these”
- Select Create filter
- Click “Never send to spam”
- Finally click the blue button labeled “Create filter” on the bottom right of the box
"Whitelist" the IVMA:
“Whitelist” tells Gmail the IVAM is a safe sender and will allow IVMA emails to go through.
If you have an email from the IVMA (it might be in your Spam folder):
If you don't have an email from the IVMA:
- Open an email from the IVMA.
- Click on the little down-pointing-triangle-arrow next to “reply.”
- Click Add [ivma@iowavma] to contacts list to finish.
- At the top of the message, click on "not Spam"
If you have questions or would like us to walk you through these steps, please give us a call at 515-965-9237. We’re here to help!
- Select Actions from the toolbar at the top of the screen.
- Select Junk E-mail.
- Select Junk E-mail Options.
- Click the Safe Sender tab.
- Click Add.
- Type in the email address (email@example.com) you wish to add to your safe sender list.
- Click OK.