During this unprecedented public health crisis, we are working hard to fulfill the IVMA's mission of protecting animal and human health. We will continue to put updated information and resources on this page. Updated April 2
Business Rescources for Veterinary Clinics
IVMA Recommendations Concerning Veterinary Care Essential Services
During the COVID-19 crisis, veterinary groups including the Iowa Veterinary Medical Association (IVMA) , American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA), World Small Animal Veterinary Association (WSAVA) and other key stakeholders are advocating for state governments to designate veterinary practices as “essential business”. Our lobby team has been in contact with IDALS, IBVM, and the Governor’s office regarding this issue. Click here to read the full recommendations from the IVMA.
State & National COVID-19 Resources
Covid-19 Tips for Veterinary Hospitals
How veterinary professionals can help
COVID-19 and Wellbeing
In the time of COVID-19, day-to-day life might look a lot different from the usual. From cancelled events to mandatory lockdowns to resource insecurity, there’s a lot that can affect our mental health and wellbeing.
- Tips to consider to help protect and maintain your wellbeing during the COVID-19 pandemic. (AVMA)
- Social Distancing Tips from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- Click here for additional resources regarding personal well-beingon the IVMA website.
- Iowa Concern Hotline is a service, through Iowa State University Extension, can offer financial, legal, stress and disaster related advice and counseling.
Additional resources for veterinary professionals
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, the following events have been cancelled:
- The Iowa Legislative session is suspended for the next 30 days
- Eastern Iowa VMA Spring Meeting on May 5 has been cancelled.
- ISU-CVM events currently suspended or cancelled can be found here.